Information about Asean photo contest “White pollution and its hazards to marine ecosystems”
To recognise and encourage both organisations and individuals in ASEAN to actively participate in promoting information about reducing ocean plastic pollution over the years.
To promote and raise awareness of reducing ocean plastic pollution and developing plastic waste management among ASEAN communities.
To stimulate behaviour change of individuals, governmental authorities, citizens,and enterprises in ASEAN on reducing plastic waste whilst better understanding the negative impacts on improper waste management in relation to people’s health and living environment.
To raise awareness and call for greater citizens participation in ASEAN and around the world with the aim of reducing ocean plastic waste, the consumption habits of single-use plastic products, and non-biodegradable plastic bags.
To promote co-ordination and close co-operation among countries on managing waste in ASEAN to prevent ocean plastic.
- Contest is now open for all ASEAN citizens.
- Members of Organizer, Judging Board and Secretariat are not allowed to submit entries.
2. Content guidelines
- Entries must be consistent with the orientation and mission of promoting information, raising awareness, changing behaviour, and dealing with plastic products and ocean plastic waste.
- Photos detail ocean plastic pollution and its hazards to marine ecosystems in ASEAN countries.
- Photos cover the status of overloaded waste, improper waste disposal.
- Photos cover the status of ocean plastic waste.
- Photos cover the hazards of plastic waste to environment, marine ecosystems and humanity, along with solutions for waste disposal applied in ASEAN countries.
3. Submission guidelines
- The photo can be submitted in colour or black & white.
- Digital photo must be submitted in .jpg format; minimum 3500 pixels in its longest side; 300 dpi resolution, the maximum file size of 10MB.
- Each entry must include entry name, entrant name, address, shooting location in English or Vietnamese language.
- Each entrant can send a maximum of 30 entries to the contest (single photos and photo album). The entrant must submit an identification number or identity card copy.
+ Single photo: A single photo is one entry.
+ Photo album: Each album is one entry, made up of between 5 to 8 photos.
Photo album entries should have an introduction (150 words maximum). The entrant has to add ordinal number from 1 to 8 (the detailed guidelines on sending photos are available on the official website).
- The photo must be in its original state and cannot be altered in any way, including but not limited to removing, adding, reversing, or distorting subjects within the frame. Submissions with photo manipulation will not be accepted.
- The photo must be without borders, no captions, and no signatures. Photos are not allowed to be edited; photos with signs of author recognition will be removed directly without notice.
- All photos must be an original work taken by the entrants. The entrant is responsible for the copyright of the photos. The Organizer is not responsible for any disputes or conflicts related to the copyright of entries.
- Winners are required to pay personal income tax (calculated on the value of prize in cash) as regulated by Vietnamese law.
- The Organizer has full right to use entries to promote reducing ocean plastic waste without paying any fees.
- The Organizer has full right to show winning entries and finalists at the Awarding ceremony and publish them on media platforms without paying any fees.
- The Organizer and sponsorships have the right to select other entries (except winning entries) to be printed on media publications or to be published across media platforms either domestically or internationally.
- Decisions made by the Judging Board are final.
4. Responsibility of entrants
- All entrants must comply with the contest rules. By entering the contest, entrants agree with the terms of the contest rules.
- Entrants are responsible for copyright, relevant rights, and paying personal income tax as regulated on law.
5. Submission guidelines and deadline
- Entrants upload entries to official website:
cuocthianh.giamracnhua.vn or aseanphoto.live.org.vn .
- Or Email: [email protected]
- Submission period: From 20/07/2022 to 23h59m dated 15/10/2022.
6. Judging Board
The Organizer will establish the Judging Board. The Judging Board shall develop the Judging Rules in line with the Contest Rules and other relevant laws.
Based on the selection result, the Judging Board is responsible for assessing and reporting to Organizer for the approval of the winning entries list.
*Refer to detailed information on the official website:
Website:cuocthianh.giamracnhua.vn or aseanphoto.live.org.vn .
- 1 First Prize: US$1000 in cash (One thousand US Dollars).
- 2 Second Prizes: US$500 in cash for each winner (Five hundred US Dollars).
- 3 Third Prizes: US$300 in cash for each winner (Three hundred US Dollars).
- Consolation Prizes: US$100 in cash for each winner (One hundred US Dollars).
- Other prizes will be awarded as per the request of the Judging Board and the online voting round. The Prize structure may be changed, based on the quality of entries.
- If any winning prizes violate laws on copy right and related rights, the Organizer will withdraw the result.
The most voted photo
Photo entry contest
Hết thời gian đăng ký !